Daily Archives: August 13, 2015
When I started my blog one year ago today, I had no idea where it would lead me. I thought I would explore life lessons learned along the busy beeline of my life. As my interests and interactions evolved, so did my blog. I have had an opportunity to share my thoughts, writing and photography. My blog has served as a creative outlet for me and a way to expand my world with blogger friends. I really enjoy posting, reading blogs and interacting with all you fellow bloggers. Looking back, I have learned valuable life lessons, ten of which I will share with you here.
1. Be Happy. I discovered that taking pictures makes me happy.
2. Be Observant. It is easy to find beauty in the mundane, if you take the time to look.
3. Be Kind. Words matter.
4. Be Calm. Most anger arises from fear.
5. Be Amazed. I am amazed and a little obsessed with my hummingbirds and nature in general.
6. Be Caring. It is vital to care about others and also to let others care about you.
7. Be Creative. Taking photos and writing poetry, haiku or stories can free your mind.
8. Be Appreciative. Try to recognize the special but fleeting moments of simple daily life.
9. Be Friendly. You really can make blogger friends if you interact.
10. Be Loving. My love for God, family, pets, friends and nature is what lights my spirit.
I am looking forward to another year of learning and growing with you all!